Our next session:
NO SESSION AUGUST 5th!
7:30 pm – 8:45 pm
The Eating Disorders Nova Scotia (EDNS) Online Peer Support (OPS) offers a safe, accessible, and confidential space for people to share experiences, learn coping skills, and benefit from the support of others who understand what it can be like to struggle with an eating disorder. Each free, real-time Online Peer Support session is moderated by a trained EDNS Peer Mentor.
Online Peer Support is available to people anywhere in Canada who are experiencing disordered eating or body image issues. Join in on a casual basis, or come back every week—there is no obligation!
Online Peer Support is intended to provide support — it is not therapy or counselling, and it’s not appropriate for people in crisis. Recovery-focused discussions are non-judgmental and avoid sensitive subjects such as weight, diet, and specific eating disorder behaviours. Participants are welcome to chat or simply observe the flow of dialogue — whatever feels right for them.
How to Get Started:
- Before our next session, email to request an Online Peer Support access code.
- Enter the Online Peer Support site here: Enter OPS.
- Enter the access code provided to you by EDNS when we replied to your email.
- Choose a nickname that is displayed in the session.
- Choose whether you will take part as a guest or a registered user (registering allows you to reserve your username with a password). If you choose to register, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, and a phone number—only EDNS staff will see this information—so when you join future sessions simply log in with your nickname and password.
- Read the Terms & Conditions (you will see the link on the page)
- Log in at the scheduled time for the Online Peer Support session. When the session begins, you’ll automatically be entered into the chat.